Monday, December 3, 2012

The Next Big Thing


Fellow Apocalypsie Hilary Weisman Graham, author of REUNITED, tagged me to be part of The Next Big Thing bloghop! Here's her post about her current WIP!
And now I'll be talking about my own work-in-progress!

What is your working title of your book?
My current WIP is the sequel to my YA thriller Impostor. Sadly I don't have a title yet. If the book proves as stubborn as Impostor, it'll probably take forever to find a great title. Right now, I just call it Impostor 2...Creative, I know. ;)

Where did the idea come from for the book?
Well, the idea for this book came to me after I was done with Impostor. I had other plans for its sequel but then I had new inspiration and decided to take Impostor 2 in a slightly different direction.

What genre does your book fall under?
It's a thriller with supernatural elements. 

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It'll be represented by my agent Jill Grinberg!

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It took me about 8 weeks to write the first draft. A bit longer than it took me to write Impostor (6 weeks). I'm a fast drafter!

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
That's tough. Maybe Mind Games from Kiersten White or Starters from Lissa Price? 

Now it's my turn to tag other writers. Here they are:


No comments: